Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Soap Wednesday 1/5/11- Matthew 3:1-17 (11-12)

S Matthew 3:1-17 (11-12)

“I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”


O

  1. John knew his place and the place of the one coming after him.
  2. His orders were to go out and tell that Messiah was coming; “the kingdom is at hand.” He did and a part of that was to baptize with water those who were seeking repentance/ coming back to the Father.
  3. Jesus on the other hand was coming and when He comes He will “reap” the wheat. He will stand on the threshing floor and reap the harvest. Those not a part of the harvest will be burned with fire.
  4. The harvest will come to an end, and Jesus will come and go to the threshing floor. I don't know when that will be, but it will come.

A

My actions today are to be similar of John the Baptist’s. He went out to tell of Jesus’ coming. I am to do the same. John went out before He came the 1st time; I am to go out before His 2nd coming. Jesus is coming! Therefore I must, I MUST, go.


P

Lord show me today who You would want me to speak with. God I am Yours! You direct my going out and my coming in. Use me today for Your Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment