Monday, January 3, 2011

SOAP Tuesday 1/4/11- Matthew 2:1-23 (1-5)

S Matthew 2:1-23 (1-5)

Wise men from the east came to Jerusalem, 2 saying, “Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.” 3 When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him; 4 and assembling all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born. 5 They told him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for so it is written by the prophet:

O

  1. The Wise men from the east were looking for the Christ. They came to capital of country where the star led them. They were looking for Christ!
  2. Herod the king, was from Israel, and he did not even know where the Christ was to be born.
  3. Scribes told them where He was to be born. Bethlehem- a small town outside of Jerusalem. Not where one would think the King of Kings would be born.


A

My thoughts are drawn to this part of the passage b/c there are three types of people in the passage. 1. Those from afar who want to know about Jesus and where they can find Him. 2. Those close by who don’t know about Him, nor care! 3. Those who know, but seem to be indifferent or don’t care about what they know.


I definitely don’t want to be like the last two, and the only way that will happen is to be in His Word and Grow.


P

Lord please show me Yourself today. God as I am in Your Word please allow it to come alive and reveal Yourself to me. I desperately desire to be Yours and to have You control my life. I know where You are and also how to be close to You. Please direct my path today!

No comments:

Post a Comment