Wednesday, January 12, 2011

S Matthew 10:1-42 (37-39)

[37] Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. [38] And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. [39] Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

O

Love - phileo - to have affection for. The one who has more affection for physical relationships (father, mother, sister, brother, son or daughter) more than for JESUS is not worthy of Him. The relationship bond between a person and their physical family is strong, but the bond between them and JESUS MUST be stronger. If not we are that relationship is not worthy, it doesn’t have weight or value.

Taking up “his cross” or your cross is HUGE. It was and still needs to be looked at as sign of death. Even though we wear them as jewelry the cross denotes death. JESUS is saying we must die to be able to follow Him. Death to sin; death to desires; death to self must come about to be worthy of Him. He is MORE than worthy, and when He has given Himself to you, you won’t be disappointed.

A

Love and Affection to JESUS is of utmost importance, as well as dying to self. LOVE is spelled - TIME. Time in His Word. Time on my knees. Time teaching, learning, growing, reading. Losing Life (the physical life and its desires) will find life (eternal, permanent, true life).

P

Lord I bow my head and cry out to You today for forgiveness. Lord I see where my LOVE has been. It has been on self and physical things. My love/affection has not been on You. I have given “lip service” and I desire to give You what You are WORTHY of. Father and Savior I give myself to You right now. I die! Please fill me with Your Spirit, and rule in me. I am Yours; I ask You to guide me today and send me out just as You sent out the 12. Oh Lord, I desire to be used and to magnify Your Holy Name to those around me today.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment