Thursday, January 13, 2011

SOAP Thursday 1/13 Matthew 11:1-30 (28-30)

S Matthew 11:28-30 ESV

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

O

Here are a few directions and then a couple of statement/promises made by Jesus.

  1. We are to Come to Him; Take His Yoke and Learn from Him.
  2. He will give rest; He is gentle; His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
  3. Once we act (#1) then we will see His actions (#2). He has already done His, but we are somewhat blinded by life, until we bow before Him.
  4. To do this one must die to self. One must allow Him to rule/reign in their life. He is key to life!

A

Coming to Him is not as hard as staying w/ Him. I must come and stay/remain there with Him. Once I stay there with Him I will see His actions and I will be able to learn from Him and take His yoke. I know He cares/LOVES me because of His coming and dying for me. The “ball” is in my court. I will come and take Your yoke and Your rest Oh Lord.

P

Lord please teach me as I come and remain with You today. God I NEED You and I desire for You to fill me with Yourself today. Lord I know You are faithful to complete all that You say. I believe You are in control of this life and that You will use me for Your glory today. I die to self and to sin! Please fill me with Your presence.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment