Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Becoming a Servant for the King

S Matthew 23:11 ESV

The greatest among you shall be your servant.


O

What a reversal of mindset! Our world and our culture is all about ME. I mean the song by Toby Keith ( I really don’t like country music), “I want to talk about me” is an anthem for us. It is all about me and here Jesus says it MUST be about others. If we want to be great in the Kingdom of God. The one that continues on for all eternity, we must be servants. We must put others first and get their best interests at the forefront. This is a HUGE shift in thinking and also in living.

A

As I read that verse over and over again, as I think about it and meditate on what it means to be great and to be a servant; I see that there is a total shift that has to happen in my life. I know what “I like and what I want,” but Jesus says that if I am going to be great in His Kingdom then I must serve. Serving others must be a disciplined area in my life, meaning I must discipline myself to do it or I won’t. I am looking for places and people to serve. This is becoming a focused activity, because if I don’t, then I will NEVER do it.

P

Lord, my prayer is to be about Your work and to be seen as GOOD in Your eyes. You have stated that to do so I must serve others. I come asking You to show me those whom You would have me to serve. I am Your vessel, mold me and make me into who You desire me to be and to do what You desire me to do.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment