Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SOAP Tuesday 1/11/11- Matthew 9:1-38 (9)

Remember my posts are not for your consumption so to speak. They are examples! The challenge is for YOU to get into God's Word and allow Him to speak to YOU. Remember-we are reading about Jesus so that we can be like Jesus.

S Matthew 9:1-38 (9)

As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, “Follow me.” And he rose and followed him.


O Matthew was doing his job. A very well paying job, collecting taxes. Leaving this job would probably mean that he would no longer have an income, and that he would be hated by both the Romans, his former employer and also the Jews those whom he collected taxes from.

Matthew would be a loner! This meant the stability of life was over and also that he could probably turn to no one in a crisis.

Yet Matthew dropped it all and followed Jesus.

A

I must be willing to drop whatever and follow Christ. He is ALL to me and therefore when He directs me I must follow. Will it always be easy, popular, quaint, “bed of roses”? No! But I must come to the place where I see Him as provider and protector of my life and if He is, then I must be willing to go where He desires me to go.


P

Lord please show me Your way for my life! God I am yours and I desire You to lead me. I will follow You!


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment